Essential Luxury Condo Decorating TipsJanuary 23, 2017
Decorating a small condo can be quite tricky. There are many things you need to take into account in order to save space and make it look luxurious at the same time. That is why we have chosen best luxury condo decorating tips for you.
The psychological benefits of airy spaces are well known. Starting your day in a bright, sun-bathed living area is proven to lift up your spirit and provide you with a fresh start of the new day. One thing, among many, that Miami is rich with is natural light, so make a good use of it, especially if your apartment is located near Miami Beach. If you are living in a small condo, you should pay attention to those specific decorating tips that will make your living area seem bigger.
- The first thing to take into account is the choice of the furniture. One thing you definitely want to avoid, especially in small condos, is too much of it. So go for a simple, elegant designs and dark colors. This combination is proven to make a small room seem bigger. If you can’t settle for a simplistic, minimalist look and you seek richer designs – stick to the bright colors. White and soft pastel colors on both furniture and walls will make even a cramped space seem larger. Also, be sure to pull the furniture away from the walls, at least for a few inches. That way your living area would seem more open and elegant. When it comes to furniture pieces such as tables of any kind – you can always go for translucent materials. They will not weigh down space the way more traditional materials such as wood or marble do.
- Speaking of light, one of the top condo decorating tips for this year is – make use of mirrors. Mirrors add space and reflect light, which makes them an excellent decorating choice for small condos. If your condo is a bit dim, be sure to hang the mirrors on the walls opposite to windows to make the best possible use of natural light. Also, you can add some metallic pieces in your accessories. They will do the same trick.
- Decorating tips in this section apply to walls, ceilings, and curtains. There are several ways in which you can make your place look bigger. First – painting the ceiling in the dark color palette will provide you with the sense of height. Same rule goes for use of vertical stripes pattern on wallpapers and curtains.
- Windows play a big role in adding the space. If you have smaller, standard windows, you can always add space by matching the color of your drapes with the color of the wall. This prevents breaking up space into smaller surfaces, and thus, makes a more open look by providing a continuous line between windows and walls. If you have big, floor-to-ceiling, wall-to-wall windows, you may want to make them smaller to create warmer, more intimate atmosphere. The best way to do so is by framing them with full-length drapes in warm earthly colors. Terracotta is the absolute hit in this year condo decoration trends. Alternatively, you can place some furniture pieces such as smaller tables or sofa in front of a big window.
- Storage space is one of the main issues in smaller condos. One of the ways to solve this problem is to identify the areas you will not use so often and reduce them to the essentials. You can find some expert decoration tips on this in our previous blog post – How to decorate a condo apartment: 10 expert tips. Another solution is choosing the furniture pieces that have some built-in storage, such as ottomans with removable top.
- Lack of big bathroom can be a serious issue here, especially for the ladies. You can solve this by creating a dressing area in your bedroom. This option will add to aesthetics and functionality of both bathroom and bedroom.
- Accessories play an important role in condo decoration since the luxurious touch can be presented in smaller details. Whatever accessories you choose, make sure to pick bright color palette – they open up space, making it more vivid and pleasant. You can use, but don’t be limited to items such as pillows, candles, lamps, and flowers for this purpose. What is important is the choice of the color palette. Try to avoid too many colors, and make a thematic choice that will provide your overall interior look with distinctive, elegant structure. For the purposes of artistic statement, do not limit yourself to traditional decoration rules. Choose unconventional areas to do so, such as hall closet doors. This way you can add a touch of extravaganza and, at the same time, avoid cramping the walls with paintings.
We are well aware of how stressful condo decorating can be. What it requires, first of all, is a good planning. The luxury condo decorating tips we provided you with here are just some simple, practical guidelines. And if you need any additional info on luxury decorating trends, looking for the best ways to implement them into your own living area, or even moving to sunny Miami – you can always contact our VIAC team!